Friday, 1 February 2013

Nail Polish Review - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Green Tea

So my friend came over on Monday night and brought some of her nail polishes, and I decided to try one of her Sally Hansen polishes as I'd never used one before. I went for this cute light green shade and I liked it so much I bought a bottle for myself!

For one thing, the shade itself really caught my attention. It's a lovely, fresh, cool shade of green, and I just had to try it out.

There's a little ring of rubber on the lid, and that coupled with the wide, round brush makes this polish easy to apply to the nail without much mess (and I can be pretty messy when it comes to applying nail polish!).

As for drying time, compared to a lot of nail polishes I've tried this one didn't take too long, maybe around ten minutes at most. I recommend a topcoat as it just enhances the whole look, but then I recommend a topcoat for just about any nail polish to help prevent wear and tear at work.

So, now that I've had it on for a little while, let's talk about durability! I've had Complete Salon Manicure on since Monday, and its Friday night now. That might not seem like a long time, but I'm an office filing clerk and my hands get quite a bit of wear and tear. Usually my nail polish is half chipped away by the end of the week, but so far I'm finding no chips in this one at all! Now, I'm not saying that this will last for up to ten days. Chances are good I'll change it before ten days are up because I change my nail polish constantly. But for me five days, including time at the office, with no visible wear is actually really good.

Then of course, there's value for money. I bought my own bottle of Green Tea at Cosmetics Fairy for £1.99. In my opinion that's pretty great value for the amount you're getting in the bottle.

This is a five in one nail polish (more information at the link) and so you don't need a base coat. I recommend two coats of Complete Salon Manicure, although you may prefer three.

Overall I'm going to rate this nail polish at 4 / 5, and I strongly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment